Thursday, July 22, 2004

Getting lost, sick and beat up

Well from the title let me assure you that I am not sick or beat up. But today me and Liz got lost. What is new with the two of us. It seems that getting lost is one of our favorite things to do besides eating Thaifood.

I picked up Liz at the airport on Tuesday. We went to the Good news Study Center and talked to Kelly and it turned out really good. The Thai staff have allowed up to stay in their room and that is a blessing. They are not making us pay but they ask that we put money in the offering at church. That is great. God totally provides.

That day we went down the street and got some roti from Anthony. He makes great Roti. I don't remember what else we ate. Actually I think that was it. That night before we left the center we were walking out of the doors and there I see Tik Ornin and Muyoung. The girls that I met and brought to the center last time I was here. They have been emailing me and they always ask when I am comming back and I always tell them that I can't. They did not know that I was comming. They must not have got the email. So I stop and just look at them. At first they did not recognize me. I have lost weight, am darker and I think prettier than last time. So they stopped and looked and then said, "Christine?" So I said "Hi" All of a sudden there was screaming and big hugs and I thought that I was going to fall over and get trampled. It was great fun.

Yesterday Liz and I went and saw a movie and went shopping and did what ever. Then today we went to eat toast and sweetened condensed milk and then we decided to go and walk around. Then we thought we can walk back to the center. It turns out that we got lost and had been walking for over an hour the wrong direction. Do we caught two busses and made it back in time to take a nap and go to a community near by and play with some kids. That was fun. The team was late because Fai got sick and fainted down the street from the base and so they had to make sure she was ok.

Then after we got back from the kids outreach Liz and I decided to go get something to eat. As we were walking on to the road we saw a guy lying on the ground and there were three guys kicking him in the back and the head. Then some cops came and two of the three guys ran away the other guy as we walked past had on hand cuffs.

It started to rain really hard so we went inside the internet cafe and now here I am. I think I starting to freeze so I have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home