Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Liz is gone

I am supposed to have a journal everyday. Well I have not done it. And I still have not found out why I am here.

Two days ago Liz and I went to go to the floating market. We left the base and got on a bus that would take us to the southern bus terminal. Then we got on another bus that would take us to the floating market. The first bus was an hour and a half long then the bus to the floating market was 2 hours long. The town where the floating market was was very disappointing. The street was very wide and made of dirt. Which was ok but it was so big that dirt was everywhere. And most of the time it was wet so it was muddy.

There was nothing to do there. Liz and I finally found a place to eat it was over priced and the food was really bad. I think that they thought that we didn't want any spicy because we were white. But oh well.

There was nothing to do so we just sat (or layed on our beds) all night long talking up a storm. One thing we discussed was maybe God sent us all the way to Thailand to make us rest. Maybe? Just maybe.

I think that there is something happening that I can't see or feel. There has got to be. I just don't know what it is. One thing that P Dton told me was that he was so glad that I came to visit them. When he heard me say that to them he said that he almost cried. I was surprised. Then he told me later that everyone is happy when I laugh. But with his accent I thought he said that everyone was happy went I left. Then I realized what he meant and couldn't help but laugh.

Maybe I am making a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home